Tuesday 6 September 2011

Glossopdale run- another chance for the 305

After hard resetting the Forerunner 305, (because of the issues I had with it in the past couple of races). Slightly concerned that its totally screwed up and not ever really going to work properly.

Cut a long story short, well, it worked. No issues.
Even jumping over stiles (which is what I think knocked the button on one of the races), falling over and rolling in a field, rain, mud and all that kind of stuff. It worked perfectly.

If you have issues with your Forerunner, download everything you can and hard reset the thing. Seems to have worked for me so far. Going out on another run tomorrow so we'll see how that one goes...

I was on a chillout run today, after the race on Sunday and a hard session at S&P yesterday. While out on the run I wore a Salomon Speed 2 gilet. (I know, I know, there are Speed 3, and maybe even Speed 4s), however, its the first time I've really worn it in anger, and it worked well as a body windprotection layer. When the rain started falling, I pulled on a Montane Litespeed, and that was fine, I wasn't running at full speed or anything like intense tempo- just trying to keep it sane and relaxed, and I didn't overheat, which was good. I reckon thats autumnal chillout run wear sorted, though 3 layers would be a bit hot for hard sessions, I suspect that I'll have to cut down on a layer and just create more heat through effort.

Still wearing shorts. (and they're still white. ish.)
11.5km, 393m ascent, avg hr 135 (with a bit of amusement in the middle- we got a bit distracted by the cows and missed the path)

Glossopdale club run werneth low by ttbudd at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment