Wednesday 4 December 2013

WOATT 2

As Woatt 1 has been up for a couple of weeks now, I've had a suggestion for a second one. Rather than put up the route originally planned, I've gone with Nevs idea.

Its pretty simple.
Start at Glossop crossroads.
Visit Cock Hill trig, Higher shelf trig and Harry Hut trig as fast as you can. Get back to the crossroads and stop the clock.
In December, and if you know where it is, you can also take in the Glossopdale Goodie Box.
(If you don't know where it is, let me know and I'll send you the clue).

I haven't thought of a Road TT yet, and as only one person has done the first one, I might wait until some more people get out to put up some times before I write up another route.

If you want to take part, let me know if you have done either Woatt 1 or 2, the time taken, route taken, and maybe a GPS route.
Time isn't the most important thing here... if you send me a GPS trail with the correct points visited, and also your name written in the track somewhere... that gets you PROPER kudos.

Have fun out there.

7/12/13
Nev did this Woatt as a walk a couple of days ago, Anti-Clock, 11.63m and 2033ft ascent. No time as he was bimbling around eating chocolate. No GPS track either.

I went out and did this today, Clockwise, not visiting the goodie box- else it'll show up on the GPS track. It's crazy slippy on the bridges on Cockhill, and the slabs on the PW aren't much better.
Felt a bit slow and draggy. 21.8km, 615m ascent. 2 hours. (I kind of cheated and went from home rather than the crossroads, but it's close enough). GPS trail HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment